If you read my January post “A
Greek Tragedy,” I bet you’d find
that the Greek citizens wish they
applied the following solution to
their personal lives as their
government went over its own fiscal
Submitted by hedgeless_horseman on zerohedge.com
The Twelve Steps
- We came to understand that our government is powerless over its spending – that our nation’s debt had become unmanageable.
- We came to believe that a power greater than our fiat currency could restore us to sanity.
- We made a decision to turn our savings and our investments over to the care of gold, as we understand gold to be a physical asset – not a paper promise.
- We made a searching and fearless inventory of our wealth.
- We converted to gold, to Krugerrands, and to Maple Leafs, the fiat paper assets of our wealth, thus eliminating our counterparties.
- We were entirely ready to have gold remove all risk of default.
- We humbly asked the coin dealer to reduce our exposure to The Inflation Tax.
- We made a list of those politicians that expose us to The Inflation Tax, and became willing to work against them all.
- We gave direct support to Libertarians whenever possible, except when no Libertarian is on the ballot, and then we voted against the incumbent.
- We continued to create wealth through our own industry, and then we converted it to gold, and promptly buried it.
- We sought through silver coins to increase our contact with precious metal, as we understand silver to be a physical asset – not a paper promise, paying for as many day-to-day transactions with silver as possible, using our credit card (not debit) for what was not, and paying off the entire balance each month.
- We, having had a fiscal awakening as the result of these steps, tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.