“Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.” – Thomas Paine
The 2011 Fukushima nuclear plant melt-down, that has polluted the Pacific Ocean with radioactive material, is now affecting the west coast of North America according to scientists quoted in a Yahoo! Science article.
Need to send a message? Maybe these can help.
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/08/2013 – 15:40
A massive 1,131 individuals renounced their US citizenship last quarter, according to data that has yet to be officially released (though we were able to procure an advanced copy). This is a huge jump. Compared to the same quarter last year in which 188 people renounced their US citizenship, this year’s number is over six times higher. Not to mention, it’s 66.5% higher than last quarter’s 679 renunciations. This brings the total number of renunciations so far this year to 1,810. While still embryonic, it’s difficult to ignore this trend– more and more people are starting to renounce their US citizenship.
99-Year-Old Man Works For Minimum Wage…For Over 30 Years
When Newton Murray — everyone calls him Mr. Newton — moved from his native Trinidad to Tampa, Florida, he went to Harry H. Bell & Sons cold storage facility and applied for a job as a janitor. He got the job, and began sweeping and cleaning 90,000 square feet of enclosed warehouse space, plus parking lots and loading docks, for minimum wage. That was 33 years ago. Since then, the now 99-year-old man has never arrived for work late, never left work early, never said no, and never asked for – or received – a raise.
Wealthinsight research says Tokyo the place to be if you want to meet a millionaire.
- Tokyo has the highest number of millionaires than any other city in the world today. There are 461, 000 of them.
- Next is New York (or rather, more particularly Manhattan), which has 389, 000.
- London is third, with 281, 000
- Paris comes in fourth at 219, 000
- Just ahead of Frankfurt with 217, 000.
- But, remember that the USA has 5 million millionaires, whereas Japan only has 2 million.
- But, in Tokyo, they are all concentrated in one place.
- They are spread out all over the USA.
- Japan looks as if it may also lose its second place in terms of total number of millionaires in the country, overtaken by China in about 2020.
- The US would have by then about 7.7 million millionaires, while China would have 3.3 million.